Expedition cruises to the immense white continent
One of the world's most wondrous experiences in one of the earth's most fantastic places! Our partner, Oceanwide Expeditions, will be positioning three of their fleet to give the very best opportunity to experience this phenomenon.
Read more details (PDF) or contact us.
Antarctica is a land like no other. Regarded by scientists and travellers as one of the last pristine regions in the world, it is a place of incredible icescapes and rich wildlife. Far from being harsh and inhospitable, this awe-inspiring continent and the islands around it teem with life. If you're a penguin enthusiast this is the place to go, but there's much more besides.
The description of Antarctica as an icy wilderness and our planet's last frontier makes it sound a bit daunting. The reality may be just that, but in a wonderful way. Unbelievable scenery and atmosphere combine with stunning close-up encounters with the area's wildlife to produce the kind of experience which can only be described as a total privilege.
The Antarctic Peninsula is the most accessible area of the continent, lying as it does just 600 miles from the tip of South America. Scenically it is the equal of anything to be found elsewhere in Antarctica and its wildlife is stunning. There are vast colonies of penguins, whilst hundreds of seals are to be found on the iceflows or in their breeding colonies. The waters are home to some of the great whales and seabirds such as the magnificent albatross abound.
One of the tours which we have to offer includes a visit to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia. The very name of South Georgia smacks of romance with its strong association with the explorer, Shackleton. It is also home to vast penguin colonies and dramatic scenery – a destination to be dreamed of, or perhaps even visited!
To convey the marvels of this region of the world in words is impossible. It is an experience from which each person lucky enough to enjoy it will come away with strong emotional reactions and lasting memories.
Our holidays are on board the ice-strengthened vessels Plancius and Ortelius. Daily shore excursions are accompanied by expert guides who not only have superb local knowledge but also want to share their love of the Antarctic with their guests. The operators have strong environmental policies which coincide with those upheld by Island Holidays.
Antarctic Expedition Cruises 2019 / 2020
|Tour Code||Dates||Embark /
Click for options
Click to view
Click to download
|Antarctic Peninsula (Basecamp Voyages)|
|OTL21||03 – 14 Nov 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||11||£5,955*
|OTL24||05 – 16 Dec 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||11|
|PLA25||18– 29 Dec 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||11|
|PLA26||29 Dec 2019 – 09 Jan 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||11|
|PLA31||27 Feb – 09 Mar 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||11|
|PLA32||09 – 20 Mar 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||11|
|PLA23||20 – 30 Nov 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||10||£5,410*|
|PLA29||06 – 16 Feb 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||10|
|Polar Circle – Antarctic Peninsula|
|PLA30||16 – 27 Feb 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||10||£5,955*|
|Falkland Islands Exclusive|
|PLA21||01 – 10 Nov 2019||Puerto Madryn / Ushuaia||09||£4,410*|
|Falkland Islands – South Georgia – Antarctic Peninsula|
|HDS21||03 – 23 Nov 2019||Puerto Madryn / Ushuaia||20||£7,455*
|PLA24||30 Nov – 18 Dec 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||18|
|OTL25||16 Dec 2019 – 03 Jan 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||18|
|HDS27||07 – 26 Jan 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||18|
|PLA28||19 Jan – 06 Feb 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||18|
|Falkland Islands – South Georgia – Elephant Island – Antarctic Peninsula – Polar Circle|
|HDS31||24 Feb – 17 Mar 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||22||£11,455*|
|OTL26||03 – 13 Jan 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||10||£5,955*
|PLA27||09 – 19 Jan 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||10|
|Antarctica (Discovery & Learning Voyage)|
|HDS23||02 – 11 Dec 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||09||£4,865*|
|HDS24||11 – 20 Dec 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||09|
|HDS25||20 – 29 Dec 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||09|
|HDS26||29 Dec 2019 – 07 Jan 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||09|
|HDS29||05 – 15 Feb 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||10|
|HDS30||15 – 24 Feb 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||09|
|Antarctica (Whalewatching, Discovery & Learning Voyage)|
|HDS32||17 – 30 Mar 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||13||£6,320*|
|Antarctica (Whalewatching Voyage)|
|PLA33||20 – 29 Mar 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||9||£4,455*||Polar Circle – Antarctic Peninsula (Deep South Discovery & Whalewatching)|
|OTL29||18 – 31 Mar 2020||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||13||£6,320*|
|Ross Sea – Crossing the international date line (Incl. helicopters)|
|OTL27||13 Jan – 15 Feb 2020||Ushuaia / Bluff (NZ)||33||£20,455*|
|OTL28||16 Feb – 18 Mar 2020||Bluff (NZ) / Ushuaia||31|
|Weddell Sea – Emperor Penguin Voyage (Incl. helicopters)|
|OTL22||14 – 24 Nov 2019||Ushuaia / Ushuaia||10||£8,455*|
(the above table) M/v Plancius
2019/20 dates & prices M/v Ortelius
2019/20 dates & prices M/v Hondius
2019/20 dates & prices
* Please note that the prices quoted are for cruise only and do not include flights or hotel accommodation. We will arrange your flights and any accommodation but as fares and rates are subject to change, prices are quoted on request. See below for full details of what the price covers.
Single travellers not wishing to pay the extra cost can opt to share in a cabin of their choice – please enquire.
Included in the price
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- Free use of rubber boots and snow shoes on Plancius and Ortelius, and of snow shoes on Plancius.
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation).
- During voyages OTL23: ship-to-shore helicopter transfers (with no specific amount of helicopter time guaranteed).
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
Not included in the price
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post- land arrangements.
- Transfers to and from the vessel in Ushuaia.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- Customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).